Machine Learning Data Scientist
Business Intelligence - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Machine Learning Data Scientist
Are you an experienced data scientist with a passion for research, who wants the chance to apply your knowledge on the conceptualization and development of machine-learning algorithms to drive forward a global metasearch? Our Business Intelligence team is searching for a data-driven expert to improve and transform existing processes and initiate new machine learning projects, to solve an array of problems from conception to execution.
What you'll do:
- Have the big picture in mind to optimize the full pipeline from input data preparation to fine tuning of algorithms in production.
- Familiarize yourself with all of our available data to identify the most valuable input data, structuring it in a way that allows the ML algorithm to utilize it to the full potential.
- Identify opportunities to improve our business via new applications of machine learning.
- Drive the testing methodology of improvements to machine learning algorithms.
- Predict business metrics such as conversions rates.
What you'll definitely need:
- 3-4 years’ experience working in Analytics/ Business Intelligence in a bigdata/distributed computing environment.
- A bachelor’s in Mathematics/ Statistics, Computer Science or a similar, role-relevant field.
- A high level of self-motivation: You will thrive in a research environment working autonomously without the need for small tasks set up to motivate oneself.
- The agility and adaptability to look for alternatives, since theory cannot always be applied flawlessly.
- Excellent knowledge in at least one of Python, R or a similar analysis tool.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- Masters in Mathematics/ Statistics, Computer Science or a similar, role-relevant field.
- Experience with Spark.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a fixed term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.