trivago Tech Camp – For Tech Students – August 28th to September 8th 2017
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Internship (6 months),Student Job (max 20hrs/week)
- Start date: As soon as possible
trivago Tech Camp - For Tech Students - August 28th to September 8th 2017
Thinking about a career in software engineering?
trivago Tech Camp is a great opportunity for you to get an insight into what we do, and be challenged in a diverse, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
You'll also be paid for the time you're hacking with us!
If you're a future tech-disruptor who would like to join an international project team, and see the impact of your work on a global platform, apply today!
What you'll do:Within the 2-week intensive program:
- You will have an on-boarding session to get to know your colleagues.
- You will have the unique opportunity to work on real tech challenges.
- You will get a mentor who will accompany you throughout the whole program.
- Finally, we will have an award ceremony for celebrating the best project results.
- Automation of a complex workflow involving dozens of project managers, translators, and designers. You will crawl JIRA, determine new progress, notify people, and model the progress state in the database.
- Write a script that takes Accounting's exchange rates files as input, then produces the correct rates for any given date. Extra task for this would be build a simple web app with input fields including ‘From [currency]‘, ‘To [currency]’ and ‘Choose date’; which would subsequently return the corresponding rate.
- Write a script that could read .pdf postlogs, take the data, then produce a .csv output following the standardized template for postlogs.
What you'll definitely need:
- To be currently studying.
- To know at least one general purpose programming language (Java, PHP, C/C++, C#, Scala, Python, Go, etc.).
- To have a basic understanding of the fundamentals of web development.
- The ability to work well independently, and self-prioritize effectively.
What we'd love you to have:
- PHP skills.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
As soon as possible.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.