- Level: Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
Data Visualization Designer
Are you a Designer with a passion for storytelling and a deep curiosity for innovation? Our Digital Design team are searching for someone to use their aesthetically programmed mind to create compelling visualizations of data that result in improved business understanding and insight. In this role, you will be working closely with our Marketplace team, whose mission is to "Create a delightful & consistent experience for users who search for the best rate, enabling our advertisers to run superior marketing campaigns". You will support the team in communicating data and processes by creating visually appealing graphics, summaries, presentations, infographics and charts in order for stakeholders to clearly understand our figures and information. We want someone who is eager to combine their love for design with their interest in data to translate complex information into simple yet beautiful business-relevant visualizations. Do you possess that rare, magical power needed to explain highly complex data through exquisite yet lean graphics? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- You will become a fully flashed member of trivago’s Design team, whose user-centric approach is key to how both the company looks, and how our technology feels.
- Using our cutting edge tech stack and our big data pool as your playground, your main responsibility will be to tell compelling yet simple stories through images, parsing complicated ideas and statistics into easily digestible graphic representations for a broad audience.
- Conceptualize and design stunning infographics that help to understand business-relevant data better and faster.
- Brainstorm and develop innovative new ways to understand and interact with big data, to generate discussion and validate hypothesis.
What you'll definitely need:
- The ability to create simple yet highly engaging designs that show a strong attention to detail.
- A mind filled with beautiful, simple, innovative ideas.
- A passion for analytics, data and statistics.
- 1-2 years’ working in digital design, having data visualization experience would be a plus.
- A bachelor’s in Art, Design, Computer Science, Data Journalism, Graphic Design or a similar, role-relevant field.
- Good working knowledge of common tools ie.Tableau and Excel.
- At least a basic understanding of programming languages (ie. R or Python).
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- Hands-on experience of working with libraries (ie. D3 or highcharts).
- One foot in the future. You fanatically keep up with the latest innovations and tech-industry trends.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please attach your portfolio to your application.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a fixed term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.