Business Development Internship – Croatian Market
Country Development - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Internship (6 months)
- Start date: As soon as possible
Business Development Internship - Croatian Market
Are you a self-motivated and analytical individual who wants the chance to gain huge knowledge of the online travel industry whilst shaping trivago’s growth and take responsibility for the business development of trivago’s Croatian market?
Our Country Development team is looking for a dynamic team-player with a business head and a marketing brain to support our regional country developer by managing our Croatian and Serbian platform.
What you'll do:
- Monitor the market’s KPIs and identify business problems and opportunities using your analytical skills, dig deep into performance and highlight areas for improvement.
- Establish communication and cooperation with local companies (this includes PR activities, affiliate cooperation, local OTAs…)
- Conduct and support market research.
- Research and test new growth marketing opportunities on the market.
- Work alongside with stakeholders from Product and Content teams in order to satisfy the market needs.
- Quality Assurance - testing of Croatian and Serbian platform, and bug reports.
What you'll definitely need:
- Previous work experience in the fields of Online Marketing (SEM, SEO, Display).
- Good analytical skills that allow you to draw insights from large sets of data.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal). You must be able to convincingly put forward your arguments, engage with stakeholders from different departments in a diplomatic and appreciative way.
- Good understanding of digital marketing.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- A high level of self-organization: at times, you will have a lot of different things on your plate and will have to prioritize accordingly by establishing what creates the most value.
- A cool head that allows you to remain calm in a fast-paced environment.
- To speak fluent English (our company language) and Croatian language as well. Proficiency in Serbian language is a plus.
- Croatian market knowledge.
- A valid work permit for Germany.
What we'd love you to have:
- Business Development and Project Management experience is a plus.
- Google AdWords or Facebook Ads experience.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a six months Internship with possibility for a full-time extension.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.