Software Engineer – Geo Search
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Software Engineer - Geo Search
Join our dynamic software engineering department and help shape the future of trivago. In this role you will help our users to roam freely around a map to find their ideal hotel. You will be able to see direct impact of your work on a huge global platform.
- Provide 4 million daily visitors with an intelligent and intuitive map experience for finding hotels.
- Write clean, composable, and testable code.
- Contribute in architecture decisions and innovative feature development.
- Combine different storage technologies to implement efficient and high performing data retrieval especially in the area of geospatial data.
- Use your creativity and problem solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields according to the motto: “You build it, you run it”.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least 3 years of experience in software development, ideally in a high-performance web environment.
- Has experience with geospatial databases and search technologies (e.g. spatial indexing) and a profound knowledge in the geo domain.
- Has the willingness to develop maintainable and high quality PHP code in an high-performance environment.
- Has a solid understanding of software construction and good development practices, like test automation, CI/CD and source version control.
- Enjoys technical challenges and is eager to explore new technologies.
- Holds an academic degree in the field of IT or has relevant experience developing large-scale applications.
- Feels comfortable communicating in English on a daily basis.
- Has these technologies on their radar: MySQL, Redis, Cloud/AWS, Docker, Kafka, Config Management tools, Git, Jenkins.
Life at trivago is...
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- As soon as possible.
When submitting your application, please provide us with any links that showcase your work, or that might be relevant to the position (ie. GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow etc.). You can include these at the top of your CV.