- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Release Engineer (B2B)
Can you ensure a swift, efficient, stable release of software products with a focus on scalability? trivago Hotel Manager is a tool that gives hoteliers greater control of their listings on trivago and we're looking for a dynamic Release Engineer who can oversee and improve its release process. If you're looking for a rapidly evolving work environment where you'll get the chance to investigate new problems first-hand, apply today.
What you'll do:
- Take ownership of and continually improve the release process for new versions of trivago Hotel Manager.
- Guarantee quality and efficiency while looking for streamlining, standardizing and automation opportunities in our build and release processes.
- Create and develop our testing and release infrastructure to allow us to consistently release a high-quality product.
- Provide technical support to ensure that we can roll out fully operational daily releases and stay one step ahead of our competitors.
- Be our developers' go-to person for issues regarding our technical infrastructure.
- Research new ideas and develop prototypes for solutions that we may implement before we purchase hardware.
- Collaborate with and coordinate individuals from a range of departments: analyse their needs and define solutions that can ensure a quick, stable release.
What you'll need:
- 1-2 years' experience as a software engineer, preferably as a build and release engineer.
- Experience working with continuous integration, deployment and delivery.
- Experience working with open source development.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- A good understanding of internet-scale Unix environments.
- A keen understanding of web infrastructure.
- An excellent understanding of PHP.
- A superb knowledge of supporting tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Vagrant, etc.).
- Some previous experience of C, Go or Java development.
- Some knowledge of scripting with Bash, Python or Ruby.
- The ability to analytically approach problems, understand needs and implement solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, coupled with the ability to work well as part of a team and interact with a wide variety of individuals.
What we'd love you to have:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
Life at trivago is...
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter (motivation letter is optional) must be written in English.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.