Senior International Tax Accountant – German Speaker
Finance / Legal - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Senior International Tax Accountant - German Speaker
As a massive global player in the international travel market, it is essential that trivago's worldwide financial affairs are properly conducted. Now our Finance department is looking for an experienced international tax law specialist who can guarantee that we comply with international tax laws. As this is a newly established position, you will be responsible for carving out your role and developing the processes to help achieve your goals.
What you'll do:
- Provide general in-house tax consultation for our Finance team with a particular focus on international tax.
- Coordinate work streams with external consultants.
- Manage the tax aspects of trivago's permanent business establishments abroad.
- Handle transfer pricing enquiries, oversee related projects and provide proper documentation.
- Guarantee FIN 48 compliance as you handle SEC tax reporting and disclosures.
What you'll definitely need:
- Fluency in German and English (our company language).
- 5-6 years' experience in international tax law that has given you a superb understanding of international tax regulations.
- A Master's degree or Diplom in Taxation, Finance or Accounting.
- An analytical mindset and fantastic eye for detail that allows you to spot even the smallest of mistakes.
- Very strong communication skills, both written and verbal, that allow you to interact with a wide variety of people and ensure misunderstandings are avoided.
- A proactive work style that pushes you to actively seek out new ways of approaching tasks.
- The ability to work well as part of a team.
What we'd love you to have:
- 5-6 years' experience in Finance or Accounting.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- Please note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.