Software Engineer – Back-End
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Software Engineer - Back-End
Join our dynamic Software Engineering department as a back-end PHP developer and help shape the future of the world’s largest hotel search.
What you'll do:
- Provide 4 million daily visitors with a lightning-quick hotel search.
- Write clean, composable, and testable code in PHP.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Combine different storage technologies to implement efficient and high-performing data retrieval.
- Use your creativity and problem solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
What you'll need:
- At least 3 years’ experience in software development, ideally in a high-performance web environment.
- Willingness to develop maintainable and high quality PHP code in an high-performance environment.
- A solid understanding of software construction.
- The ability to naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control, etc.
- An enjoyment of technical challenges and eagerness to explore new technologies.
- An academic degree in the field of IT or relevant experience in developing large applications.
- A good enough level of English to feel comfortable communicating in it on a daily basis.
- An awareness of the following technologies: MySQL, Redis, Memcached, Docker, Kafka, Git, Jenkins.
Life at trivago is...
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.