Product Manager – Data Science
Marketplace - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Product Owner - Data Science
Creating a delightful & consistent experience for users who search for the best rate, enabling our advertisers to run superior marketing campaigns and monetizing our product at the highest efficiency are the core responsibilities of the trivago Marketplace department.
We are currently opening several Product Owner positions in our team ranging from monitoring advertiser & rate quality to optimizing big data infrastructure. We are looking for analytical geniuses with a strong aptitude for data science; terms like “Random Forest” and “Bayesian Statistics” should make you smile in excitement not make you scratch your head.
While managing a multi-disciplinary team in an agile & fast-paced environment, this is your chance to contribute to trivago’s continuing growth and global success.
What you'll do:
- Work with an international team that consists of highly skilled software development and data science experts.
- Define a product strategy and roadmap and consistently monitor that your initiatives meet the company’s strategic needs.
- Conceptualize and challenge algorithm development and analyses.
- Share your passion and drive for the product and knowledge about the business with your team.
- Be the primary point of contact for your stakeholders, inform them about opportunities and constraints and make sure they are always informed about the current progress.
What you'll need:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a Data Scientist or Product Owner for a tech company.
- Exceptional organizational skills that allow you to juggle and prioritize multiple, diverse product development elements.
- Preferably experience with Agile development methodology.
- Strong analytical background and familiarity with data science.
- A well-rounded, adaptable mindset that will allow you to coordinate between various teams with different areas of expertise.
- Excellent communication skills: you must be able to make yourself fully understood and guarantee that all relevant stakeholders stay informed.
- You speak English (our company language) fluently.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.