Senior System Administrator – Microsoft Exchange / Skype for Business
IT Operations & Support - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Senior System Administrator - Microsoft Exchange / Skype for Business
Do you get a real kick from good server practices? Do you know Microsoft Exchange and Skype for Business as well as you know your own family? We’re looking for an expert System Administrator who can take responsibility for our internal communication tools to make sure that our 1,000 plus employees stay connected.
What you'll do:
- Plan, design, implement and maintain Microsoft Exchange and Skype for Business solutions in our head office in Düsseldorf and our other branches all over the world to ensure that they’re working well 24/7.
- Plan, design, implement and maintain our Asterisk servers which provide the connection between our internal Skype for Business systems and SIP providers.
- Troubleshoot problems related to our Exchange and Skype for Business servers in our complex technical environment.
- Stay up-to-date on industry updates to ensure that we stay ahead of the curve and suggest new projects we can develop to push our infrastructure forward.
- Act as the in-house technical expert on all Exchange and Skype for Business issues, providing assistance to others in your team should they need it.
What you'll definitely need:
- Around 5 years’ experience installing, monitoring and troubleshooting servers for Windows Server and Client System 2008R2/2012/7/8/10, Skype for Business/Lync and Microsoft Exchange 2013-2016.
- Considerable experience working with Active Directory, scripting and networking.
- A good understanding of best practices for private cloud security.
- Good knowledge of SIP, RTP, etc.
- Flexibility and adaptability: in the rare chance of a serious issue occurring outside of office hours, it may be necessary for you come into the office to resolve it.
- A bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field (only necessary for non-EU applicants).
What we'd love you to have:
- MCSE certifications in Communication and Messaging.
- German language skills or the enthusiasm to learn the language.
Life at trivago is...
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Applicants from outside the EU must hold a bachelor’s degree in order to be considered for this position.
- Please note that only online applications will be considered. Any paper applications that we receive will not be processed or returned.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.