Data Analyst / Business Intelligence – Product
Business Intelligence - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals,Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
Data Analyst / Business Intelligence - Product
Data informs every element of our decision-making processes at trivago, and our Business Intelligence team provides valuable insights that assist all our departments in making the educated decisions that drive trivago forwards. If you can use your exceptional understanding of data to help us reach even higher levels, we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Fulfil data requests and perform analyses; evaluating impact, performance and outcomes, and suggesting future opportunities from your learnings.
- Communicate the findings of your analyses to relevant stakeholders and assist in the decision-making process.
- With the freedom to explore, you will proactively search for and discover insights on user behaviour that are still hidden in our tracking data. You will excel in creating analysis and forecasts that are beyond the confines of standard reporting.
- Educate stakeholders on how to correctly read data and how best to harness data to come to informed decisions.
- Promote technical innovation in our team by improving our in-house analytics tools, for instance by working on stored procedures, analytical controllers and algorithms.
- Become an expert on business intelligence concepts, methods and technology and use your expertise to suggest potential improvements we may implement.
- Drive the data tracking process from ideation through to conception and the validation of dimension data.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Experience in data analysis through work or study. Concepts such as user behaviour analysis and a/b testing should be familiar to you.
- A bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, or a related field.
- An analytical mindset that allows you to draw valuable conclusions from large amounts of data.
- An excellent eye for detail that allows you to spot even the smallest of mistakes.
- A communicative manner that allows you to explain data-related information to individuals who may have less of an understanding of data than you do.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
Life at trivago is...
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.