Software Engineer – Data Plumber to Master Our Hotel Data
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Software Engineer - Data Plumber to Master Our Hotel Data
- Provide the data core to make our slogan, “We know everything about hotels”, come true.
- Combine different storage and streaming technologies to implement efficient data pipelines.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Use your creativity and problem solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields according to the motto: “You build it, you run it”.
The ideal candidate:
- Stays up to date with current frameworks, tools, and libraries.
- Has a SOLID understanding of software construction.
- Knows how to deal with a big amount of data and build large-scale data pipelines.
- Has experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code environments.
- Enjoys technical challenges and is eager to explore new technologies.
- Holds an academic degree in the field of IT or has relevant experience developing large applications.
- Feels comfortable communicating in English on a daily basis.
- Has these technologies on their radar: MySQL, Redis, Cloud/AWS, Docker, Kafka, Saltstack, ElasticSearch, InfluxDB, Neo4j.
Life at trivago is...
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- When submitting your application, please provide us with any links that showcase your work, or that might be relevant to the position (ie. GitHub, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow etc.). You can include these at the top of your CV.